Friday, August 13, 2010

Chongqing trip!!! - day 1 n 2

Happiness! My friends hse got wifi n together with this blogpress app I can blog n post pics I took on my iToy! Didn't take much pics thus far tho, n all he scenery pics I only took with my camera. So only have pics of the stuff I bought today!

Arrived here ard noon yesterday. My friend n her dad n her uncle who was driving were at the airport to fetch me. We went for lunch on the way back to her hse. Ate 老鸭汤 with radish. The radish is diff from the ones in sg. These ones are slightly sour n gave the soup a lovely sour tinge that made it super nice! They eat it with green chili as a sauce, but since I don't take spicy food well I didn't take much of the sauce. It isn't too terribly spicy tho. We ordered some veggies to add to the soup, sort of like hotpot style. There was thinly sliced cucumber too! Nvr knew it can go into the hot pot, I'll definitely want to try it at home - need some good cutting skills tho.

After that we rested in her home till after dinner. Dinner was cooked by her mum. Porridge or wat they call 稀饭 (we normally just say 粥 in sg) was serve with tomatoes, bitter gourd, some veggie dish, meat slices with 咸菜长豆, and a 麻辣 dish with slices of tripe, pork telon, beef... Quite a lot of stuff in there, can't rem wat else, but it was super good, and not really that spicy.

Went to walk ard the neighborhood after dinner. Not that hot aft the sun sets. It's really super hot here. Like way hotter than sg. Even stuff like the soup n shampoo are lukewarm. Feels like ur constantly in an oven. Thk god for air cons! Dunnoe how I'm gonna survive when I visit the expo - long queues and all outdoors in the burning weather! I will die!!!! Anyway I got a china sim card, and after that we went to the supermart n bought like breakfast for today.


Woke up at 9 this morn n had breakfast. Ate the stuff we got yest, some local 糕点, n had yogurt drink too. Think they eat a lot of yogurts n yogurts drink here, alot of it in their supermart. Their supermart also sells cooked food like duck feet, pork slices, fried preserved veggies with meat... All sorts of stuff!

Went to the city area today. Took mrt there n visited several shopping malls n a bookshop, the largest in CQ. The bookshop is like 6 stories high. Got the following items there...



Japanese textbook! My friend has it too n she says it's good. Our sch course teaches sososo slow. No wonder my teacher last seem had such a great time laughing at us. This ones the most beginner lvl textbook, and has book 1 n 2. Both for only rmb64. N comes with cd too!






Yup! A DVD abt expo! 8 hours long on 4 DVDs, this one is more ex, rmb100.


My friend kept asking me to buy clothes, shoes, assesories etc. Trying really really hard to change my tomboy look... Took the abv pic in a changing room - she made me try a shirt but me being the fat pig that I am... The shirt was uber fitting n show off my tummy real well, smthing I have no intention to do...


She made me try a dress too... Seriously!!! A dress that shows off ur shoulder too at that! No way I'm gonna buy that thing! The last time I wore a dress is in jc 1... That is if u count rg pinafore as a dress. Besides that... Maybe in kindergarden or lower primary??? Getting me to buy a dress failed... Than she spotted the bear as shown in the pic abv in the same shop. I tot it was a pencil case, but turns out o be a recycling bag. Asked me if I wanted to buy it cos it's so cute, I find it ok I guess... But just that I took the blue bear instead of the pink one she showed me... If there wasn't a blue version I might not have gotten it... N if cos it's on offer too.. Usual price 99bucks, a whooping 20sgd can u believe that???!!?!?!? Thankfully 有打三折 which means 70% off in case u r wondering. 6 bucks... Still kinda ex but oh wells...



Went to an accessories street. Quite a huge area n loads of shops, didn't really buy anything... N well the necklace abv, my friend ask me if I liked it, I didn't want to keep saying no so I just smiled, than bravo... She haggled with the shopkeeper, succeeded n got it at 15rmb for me... Yes she paid, not me... Gotta treat her to a nice meal when we go shanghai n aft she come back sg. She's been paying for all sort of small stuff n makes me feel so bad n pathetic.




A keychain I got for me dad. 15bucks too n I paid this time.

A fan... Didn't bring one from sg so we decided to get a battery operated one so we can use at the expo. She got a strawberry pink one. 10bucks


Printed leaf vein bookmarks! 10bucks each.




Mint leaves n a mint drink. Just need to soak the mint leaves in cold water will do, can just add them to ur water bottle before u go out. Tastes quite good, tries it today. Haven tried the drink yet,
bringing it out tmr.





A snack that I got today, it's sesame, peanuts n macadamia nuts fried with dried chili. The stuff fillings into the dried chili. The on I tried is the less spicy one, n it really ain't very spicy. It's very crispy, and tastes quite good really.

That's abt all the stuff I bought today. Some other pics... 1st up is the expo passport. My friend ordered on9 n it got delivered today.


That's the cover.


The first page... N below ish the last


The passport cost 30rmb, but add in another 10 for the shipping.
-











Yup that's the expo ticket! 100 bucks each times 3 since we decided to spend 3 days there. Can't change pic orientation on my iToy so just tilt ur head n bare with it yeah?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment